We are back from our adventure at The Newbury School of Weaving. We had a fabulous time and have a lot to say, evidenced by an unusually long episode. Plus, our usual project updates.
Full notes with photos and links can be found in the podcast section of our shop website: TwoEwesFiberAdventures.com Join the community on Ravelry or become a patron and support the show on our Patreon Page.
Subscribe on Apple Podcasts or Subscribe on Android.
Marsha’s Projects
Foundation Blanket: I chose to make the Cross Bar Check blanket using Harrisville wool in the colors Loden Blue and Mustard. Need to make fringe and wash.
Dimity, Diaper, Damask Blanket: I wove a blanket using 5 colors of warp and a single color of weft. I wove a bird’s eye twill which falls in the Diaper category. Need to make fringe and wash.
Trillium Lake by Kay Hopkins: Using Queensland Collection Coastal Cotton Fine. I’m so close to finishing. Finished the second sleeve but there are two to many rows and it looks odd. Need to rip back.
Spindrift Shawl by Helen Stewart. Using by handspun from a braid by Alexandra Art of Yarn
Mellow Mood Top: by Julia Piro. Using Queensland Collection Eco Twist in the colorway Crimson Canyon. Not going to make it. Can’t face another cotton tee right now.
Socks: Using Madeline Tosh sock in the colorway Plum Tree. Finished first sock and cast on second.
Silver Bags: Sewing bags with pacific cloth to protect silver. Sounds posh. 😉Experimenting with the embroidery feature on Bernina to make a label to identify contents.
Patio Furniture Pads: I have finished four round cushions for metal chairs and the cover for the chaise lounge pad. I removed the fabric from the wood folding chairs and washed them with TSP. Next is to sand, prime and final paint color. I save the fabric from one chair to use as a pattern.
Weaving Studio: It’s a work in progress.
Garden Redesign: I’ve created a project page. More plants and “finalize’ design fence on deck and railing
Cold Cucumber Soup Recipe says to use Persian cucumbers but I substituted cucumbers from my garden.
Kelly’s Projects
Finished the second round of merino silk batts that we carded right before NoCKRs. The second batch turned out to be 377 grams (13 ounces). Total of all the merino/silk batts is 715 g (25.2 ounces or 1 lb, 9.2 ounces). I still have the rest of the fleece washed and uncarded, but that’s another project.
Finished a bobbin of camel silk that will be one ply of a future yarn.
Finished charity hat #7 for the year. It’s made with fingering held double and I did two purl bump spirals around the hat. I started it just before the trip and finished it before arriving home.
Finished the Sidewalk Loom refurbishing project!
Finished my Newbury Singles Blanket! Woven during the first week’s class. Then fixed some errors, wove in ends, twisted fringe, then fulled and brushed it.
Finished my Dimity and Newbury fabric. Woven during the second week’s class. I fixed a few of the errors, wove in the ends and fulled it. I didn’t do any brushing on this one.
Made a lot of progress on the red-orange poppy colored Boxy sweater made with spirit yarn (Shibui Pebble). I have about 10 inches knit down from the armholes. Knit on it all during our long trip home from VT and part of the trip there.
I’ve carded and started spinning the East Friesian fleece portion. This batch of that fleece will be singles for a blanket or two.
Started a test project on the sidewalk loom. I’m making “rag” crate rugs using the cones of yarn that I still have left from the chenille rug project.
Events and Links
Summer Spin-In now through September 7th (Labor Day)
Kingdom Fleece and Fiberworks, East Hardwick: Business of listener Elizabeth Conway. Her husband John Kerr has Long Pond Maple
2KnitLitChicks Retreat: Lake Tahoe, Nevada, September 24-27, 2026.
Comments
Post a Comment
We love hearing from ewe!