Sweaters Not So Nice, She Had to Knit Them Thrice


It has been a busy few weeks with the start of school, contract negotiations, and a possible strike looming. Take a listen as we report on finished projects, new projects, false starts, and fleeces that had to come home. 

Full notes with photos and links can be found in the podcast section of our shop website: TwoEwesFiberAdventures.com Join the community on Ravelry or become a patron and support the show on our Patreon Page.

Subscribe on Apple Podcasts or Subscribe on Android or Subscribe on Google Podcasts

Note: Winners of our Summer Spin in will be announced in our next episode. Thank you for your patience.

Marsha’s Projects:

Noromania: Finished!! I used 42 skeins of Noro Kureyon (Aran weight). The finished size is about 71” x 83”. I used 4,578 yards and estimated I knit 173,680 stitches. Ironically, I ran out of yarn binding off so I found some leftover Lamb’s Prides to bind off the last 1⁄8 of bind off.

Flowers from My Garden: Starting a spinning project with fiber I bought at Stitches in March. I’ve spun three 3-ply skeins. I received the new motor for my Dreaming Robots EEW 6.0 espinner so I am back in business.

Snowflower: by Heidi Kirrmeier. Cast on twice and both times twisted the stitches when I joined 312 stitches. Decided after the bright yellow provisional cast on to knit two rows of main color. Then I picked one leg of the backside of the provisional cast on with bright blue and knit four rows and bound off. This gave me more fabric to keep the stitches from twisting. I would love to know if listeners have a better idea of how not to twist stitches when joining that many stitches in the round.

Nanny Meier Tea Cozy: Inspired by Lily Pulitzer colors. Using Cascade 220 in hot pink and lime green. Finished first side.

Santa’s Laundry Line: by Eleonore von Castelmur. Using Lang Yarn Jawol fingering in red, green and cream and some left over fingering weight gray.

Socks: Using Knitterly Things Vesper Sock Yarn in the colorway Sum-Sum-Summertime. Heels and toes will be Dream in Color Mini Smooshy in the colorway Bermuda Teal.

Kelly’s Projects:

Corrie x Targhee x Merino The blue/green (peacock) singles are spun but didn’t get plied.

Started a baby blanket using the best parts of my mom’s acrylic leftovers.

Fleeces washed: 

New Romney fleece. Skirted the lightest (and best) parts and washed them. 

New East Friesian fleece. Skirted and sorted into front and back quarters. One front quarter has been soaking in a suint bath since Monday.

Orvus Paste

Unicorn Scouring Powder

Mills in California: 

Valley Oak Wool Mill

Yolo Wool Mill

Mendocino Wool & Fiber Inc.

Winterstrom Ranch Fiber Mill

Woolgatherer Carding Mill

Mills in Oregon:

Rodger Family Farm and Fiber Mill

Mills in Washington:

Tahoma Vista Fiber Mill

Events: 

Lambtown October 7-8 in Dixon

Recommendations:

Itchy Boots: YouTube channel of Noraly who travels the world on her motorcycle. Truly inspiring.




Check out this episode!

Comments