Ep 159: Spring Break Project Heaven and a Whole Lotta Tree Talk


Tree removal competes with Spring Break weaving and the stuffing of Frog and Toad for the content this week. You never know what you'll hear about on the Two Ewes show!

Show notes with full transcript, photos, and links can be found in the podcast section of our shop website: TwoEwesFiberAdventures.com.

Subscribe on Apple Podcasts or Subscribe on Android or Subscribe on Google Podcasts

Marsha’s Projects

Walk Along tee by Ankestrick (Ravelry link)
Abington Mitts by Jennifer Lassonde (Ravelry link) Almost done. Just the thumb to finish.
In the evenings I've been spinning the green and brown merino.

Kelly’s Projects 

Iced Matcha socks (Ravelry link) from the Coffee Socks Collection by Dots Dabbles Designs. I’m using Invictus Yarns Seraphic. It is a merino/cashmere/silk yarn in a gray blue purple tonal color. I want to knit more with this yarn base!

I started stuffing Frog from Frog and Toad (Ravelry link) from frogandcast.com. I’m using the crushed walnut and it is staying inside and not coming through the fabric. Frog is currently sitting in a tumbler with a funnel in his head! I realized I should put the needles into the provisional cast on before I start filling them so I will be ready to kitchener the top. I anticipate it will be somewhat messy. 

Canvas weave sampler (Ravelry link) from JST Online Guild. Throughout spring break I spent time weaving and watching the Canvas Weave videos of Season 5. I used the warp that I wound at Christmas and adapted the sampler threading to fit the number of threads I had. I wove a dresser scarf for the linen cupboard, 5 dishtowels, and a small hand towel. 


I had Cesar Chavez day off and I got the Reading in Bed blanket (Ravelry link) threaded onto the loom and ready to start weaving. This is all using my handspun yarn. With 6 epi compared to 22 epi  and a 3 yard warp instead of a 7 yard warp it went really fast! Like the difference between a fingering weight sweater and an Aran weight sweater. 

Extremities Knit/Crochet Along

This KAL/CAL was inspired by the generous donation of these patterns:
Abington Mitts, Jennifer Lassonde, Down Cellar Studio
Coffee Socks Collection, Dotsdabbles Designs, Deborah
It ends on April 25, 2021. Knit anything for your extremities (hands, arms, legs, feet).

Comments